Sleep Dentistry Options!
Terrified of the dentist? Want to complete weeks of dental work in a single day? Sleep dentistry may be perfect for you. We offer many ways to make your visit shorter and more pleasant, from local anesthetic to actually sleeping while we do the work. Sleep dentistry has changed many lives. Talk to our dentists to see if it is perfect for you or a loved one.
Types of Sedation:
Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas):
- Typically a patient will breathe in a mixture of nitrous oxide and oxygen which the dentist will supply through a nasal hood.
- This type of sedation works rapidly and is removed from your system within minutes. In most cases you can drive home alone.
Oral Sedation (anti-anxiety pills):
- Typically a patient will take a pill one hour before their appointment.
- The effects can last for a few hours (you cannot drive home alone).
IV Sedation (sleep dentistry):
- This is when a drug is administered into the blood system during dental treatment by an anesthetist.
- Involves a state of deep relaxation and a feeling of not being bothered by what's going on.
- This work is done at a Surgical Centre outside of the office. You will need an escort home.
- Typically this work is done at a surgical centre outside of the office.
- An anesthetist "puts you to sleep" (unconscious).
- Advantageous if there is a large amount of treatment to be done.
"VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE, NO WAITING TIME, WILL SQUEEZE YOU IN IF IT'S AN EMERGENCY. AFTER EXTRACTING A TOOTH, HE HIMSELF CALLED TO SEE HOW THE PATIENT WAS DOING (IT WAS AFTER HOURS WHEN HE CALLED). OVER ALL HE IS A CARING DENTIST. "
Review on RateMDs.com